What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Sunday, November 28, 2010

a little early Christmas gift...

I was having a little bit of trouble with the lighting but had to go with what I got for this project.  In my usual fashion, I thought of something just before it was needed...in this case, I wanted to wrap up a silly little early Christmas gift for my son and his wife to give them when they visited over Thanksgiving week-end.  They are newlyweds as of this summer so this will be their first official Christmas together and I found a cute little personalized ornament for their tree this summer.  Seemed silly to wait and give it to them after they got home for Christmas because this way they could put it on their first Christmas tree and enjoy it before the holidays. 

Anyway, I was on Dawn O's blog (dostamping...there is a link to her blog in the post just before this one if you don't already have it bookmarked) and saw a great video tutorial on how to make a double Fancy Favor box....you simply omit the bottom "flaps" and turn the box upside down.  With the tag on the front, it's hard to see but you still get the little scalloped line showing in the middle of the box.  I really need to go back and look at that video again, I may have oversimplified...but I was in a pinch to get it done and to be truthful it's a bit of a miracle that I had it finished in time to take a photo before they arrived.  I put it on their bed as a little surprise "pillow gift" and hoped they would like it.  Better than an Andes mint, right?  For the tag I used the pinecone spray to/from tag from Tags Till Christmas which is in the Holiday Mini and still part of a special package bundle, comes with the decorative label punch which is my absolute favorite new punch!   Thanks for lookin'!   

No comments:

Hit Counter