What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Read any good books lately?

CIMG2907

I enjoy reading  and am currently in the process of reading a very interesting book for a book study group with some friends from church,  For our first book we chose “Bad Girls of the Bible (and what we can learn from them)” by Liz Curtis Higgs.  It’s a very interesting read and I’m liking the book quite a lot so far.  Since I am obsessed with stamping and look for any excuse to stamp, it was no surprise to anyone that I couldn’t resist stamping some cute little bookmarks for the gals in my group…  What do you think?  Bookmarks are really quick and easy to make as well as a handy little gift for a friend. 

I got the idea from a chat “thread” on an online demonstrator only  group  in a discussion on easy make and take projects for demonstrators participating in craft fairs and since I already had the Two Tags Sizzix diecut and a great alphabet set, I figured “why not?”. 

This is a close up of one of the bookmarks….I used the beautiful Broadstreet alpha set to stamp the initials of each friend, the sentiment is from God’s Blessings stamp set, which I thought would be appropriate for a church book study.  What do you think? 

CIMG2908

The ribbon used is a retired Stampin’ Up! product but an exact match for the Melon Mambo cardstock…and I just LOVE the polka dots!   I have a hard time getting rid of my favorite stashed items so it’s fun when I can pull them out and use them for personal project.  Oh, how I miss the polka dots! 

No comments:

Hit Counter