What a deal! June Sign Up Special

Monday, June 27, 2011

Rock Star punch card

So, you wanna be a rock star?  Ok, ok...sorry, that was goofy but I just couldn't resist!  Anyway, this is one of the cards we did at my retirement card party last Friday....I got the idea from a darling card featured on another blog (Mary Fish  at StampingPrettyPals,you can view her card here http://www.stampinpretty.com/2011/06/ppa99-bon-voyage-stampin-up-star-punch.html) but I had to change it up a bit since I didn't have the cool newpatterned In Color brads that she used.  What I DID have was the soon to retire Build a Brads so I used those instead. You put can make your own designer brads that way...there is a flat brad where you can stick a stamped image, designer paper or a piece of cardstock and cover it with a little gel pad 'bubble" which makes it into a very cool and unique little brad.  What do you think?  We just used the 1/2" circle punch to punch out coordinating colors of cardstock for the insides of the Build a Brad.   (item # 109128 $9.95).  To punch out the stars we used the also soon to retire Extra Large star punch (1198750 at $16.95 and the sentiment was from On Your Birthday (item111664) wood mounted only at $33.95),  Of course with the prongs of the brads, you can only imagine how many Stampin' Dimensionals I used to attach the starts to the cardstock but I did like the end result.  This card is a little bit of an unusual size but fits easily into the open ended envelopes (item 107286 on pg 171 of the catalogue$7.50 for $20 envelopes),  Hope that you enjoyed seeing this card...now to decide who will be getting this one someday!                                                        


No comments:

Hit Counter